Volvator is founded
- Catena’s history dates back to 1967 when Volvo founded AB Volvator to restructure its dealer network.
Initial public offering
- AB Volvator changes its name to AB Catena in connection with an IPO in 1984, where Volvo also reduces its ownership to 40 percent.
- After the IPO, Catena expands within areas such as finance, commerce and properties.
Name change and renewed focus
- In 1994 a refinement of the business is initiated with a focus on car distribution properties.
- In 1997, the company changes name to Bilia.
- The development of the property portfolio takes place gradually. In 2005, Bilia owns 34 properties with a market value of SEK 2020 million.
Catena is spun off from Bilia
- Catena is spun off from Bilia.
- The new independent company is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm in April 2006.
Transformative mergers and acquisitions
- In 2013 Catena acquires Brinova Logistik AB for approximately SEK 3.8bn and becomes one of Sweden’s largest owners of logistics properties.
- In 2015, Klövern's shares in Tribona are acquired and Catena makes a public offer to the remaining shareholders for a total value of approximately SEK 2.1 billion.
- Catena already has a sustainability mindset. The company is certified according to ISO 14001, the properties begin to be environmentally certified and the first sustainability report is published.
- Catena’s expansion continues and the company strengthens its geographical position in key logistic hubs throughout Sweden, including in the Öresund region and the Jönköping region.
- Catena signs the Global Compact and begins reporting in accordance with TCFD’s recommendations.
- The first solar cell plant is installed at Dikartorp 3:12.
- A financial green framework is introduced and the first green bonds are issued.
- Catena benefits from the structural transformation in the supply chain, driven by the rapid growth of e-commerce.
Well-positioned for future growth
- In 2022, Catena announced its largest project ever, the construction of an 86,600 sqm logistics facility for Elgiganten in Jönköping.
- Catena is recognized as one of the stock exchange's most gender-equal companies in the Allbright Report 2022.
- The portfolio in Denmark grows.
- Going forward, Catena aims to continue its growth trajectory and continue to be a leading logistics property owner
- Catena aims to continue its growth trajectory and remain a leading logistics property owner.