Interim Report January – September 2022: Standing strong in a changing world
Catena's rental income rose 12 percent during the period to SEK 1,150 million, while profit from property management amounted to SEK 723 million, an increase of 18 percent compared to the same period last year. Catena has a strong financial position with a low loan-to-value ratio and a good safety margin in its investments. With strong, long-term trends behind it and sustained demand for the company’s properties, Catena holds a unique position in the market with exciting opportunities ahead.
28 October 2022, 08:00 CEST
- Rental income rose by 12 percent to SEK 1,150 million (1,027).
- The net operating surplus increased by 11 percent to SEK 911 million (821).
- Profit from property management rose by 18 percent to SEK 723 million (611).
- The change in value of properties amounted to SEK 1,230 million (1,260).
- Profit for the period increased to SEK 2,133 million (1,615), corresponding to earnings per share of SEK 48.56 (40.25).
- The long-term net asset value EPRA NRV per share rose to SEK 375.58 (292.75).
Catena’s CEO Jörgen Eriksson comments on the interim report:
- We are moving from a logistics network based on the ‘just in time’ principle to a greater focus on ‘just in case’, as companies need to be able to handle rapidly changing consumer behaviour and scenarios. Thanks to our unique land bank and sector-leading portfolio, Catena is ready to support current and future customers throughout this transformation.
- Driven by the invasion of Ukraine and the current energy crisis in Europe, volatility in the capital markets has affected the ability of property companies to raise capital. It is difficult to predict where inflation and interest rates will go, but Catena has established a position with a low loan-to-value ratio and a high interest coverage ratio, giving us the capacity to react to opportunities that can appear in the future and to implement our projects with solid margins. This, together with the fact that an overwhelming proportion of our leases are linked to the consumer price index, means that we can reduce the effect of higher inflation and interest rates.
At 10.00 CEST today, the webcast will commence for the interim report for January-September 2022.
Follow the webcast via link: https://financialhearings.com/event/43481
Dial-in: Sweden: SE: +46850516386 UK: +442031984884 US: +14123176300 PIN-kod: 9228163#
For further information, please contact
Jörgen Eriksson, CEO, Tel. 0730-70 22 42, firstname.lastname@example.org
Sofie Bennsten, Deputy CEO and CFO, Tel. 0730-70 22 41 email@example.com
Follow us: catena.se / LinkedIn / Twitter
This disclosure contains information that Catena is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation (EU nr 596/2014) and the Swedish Securities Markets Act (2007:528). The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact person, on 28-10-2022 08:00 CET.